To mark the World Climate Conference that will be held in Marrakech from 7th to 18th November 2016, the Embassy of France in Morocco and Casablanca Events & Animation, in partnership with the ONCF invites you to railway station “Casa- Port” to explore découvrir “Climat, l’expo à 360°” proposed by the City of Science and Industry in Paris / Universcience.
This exhibition provides an update on the issues raised by the increase of greenhouse gases from human activities, combines scientific approach and artistic creation and will tackle the climate change in three areas:
- Inform on the latest scientific data,
- Discuss and exchange through expert interviews and videos,
- Educate youth and the general public on issues related to climate change on our planet
Designed as an exhibition journey that takes place throughout different areas of the Casa Port Train Station, “Climat, l’expo à 360°” is based on a dual taken sides: an approach to both scientific and journalistic in one hand, an artistic outlook on the future and its issues on the other.
The involved photographer-videographer Kadir van Lohuizen traveled across the globe and found the first consequences of rising sea levels on the environment and people. His photographs are the result of a work entitled “Where will we go?”, Conducted at the request of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and after a journey in which the photographer went to meet populations affected by the rising waters on the surface of the planet (Fiji, Bangladesh, Seychelles…).
The impact of global warming
1.Diagnosis of global warming and the first impacts
2. The causes of global warming and human responsibility
3. The GHG gases emission scenarios and climate change.
4. Global Climate Challenge, the planet in search of solutions.