To mobilize, federate and structure the stakeholders, with regard to the city’s management, around a common goal: to promote the territorial Metropolitan-Casablanca brand. The stakes are high, competition between territories is intensifying in a climate of high urban growth rates. The race for international attractiveness is accelerating with a strong trend towards “metropolization”: the competition is moving away from countries and to metropolitan areas. Currently, 16 cities with a population upwards of 3 million are recorded in Africa. 34 are expected by 2030… The promotion of Casablanca goes by way of the consideration of the major economic trends at the regional, national and international levels structured around clearly identified development pillars.
- Reveal Casablanca’s DNA
- Strengthen the sense of pride of being from Casablanca
- Accelerate the city’s social and economic growth through the expansion of its outreach and the development of its attractiveness.
- Affirm Casablanca’s identity and promote its attributes by reconnecting the inhabitants with their city and present strong arguments to come and visit, settle or invest in Casablanca
An approach that is the cornerstone of Casablanca Events et Animation.
- After the signature of the agreement concerning the financing of the marketing and territorial promotion program of Casablanca in 2014 in front of His Majesty the King Mohammed VI, may God assist Him, several actions were undertaken for the construction of a sustainable appeal approach for the metropolis.
The milestones achieved:
- September 24th, 2014: Signature on the agreement concerning the financing of the marketing and territorial promotion program of Casablanca in front of His Majesty the King Mohammed VI, may god assist Him,
- April 28th, 2015: Creation of the local development company Casablanca Events & Animation,
- November 13th, 2015: Project kick-off meeting with the project’s first partners,
- November 26th, 2015: Organizing of a workshop with the city of Amsterdam on the theme “Branding for cities, a luxury or a requirement”,
- January 27th, 2016: Technical committee set up on the end phase,
- July 1st, 2016: COPIL for the validation of the appeal strategy and the creation of the brand,
- April- September 2016: Workshops and delivery of operational rollouts, governance, economy, environment, tourism, big projects,
- October 4th, 2016: operational deployment plan,
- October 21st, 2016: Closing meeting of the project,
- October 24th, 2016: Disclosure of the appeal strategy WeCasablanca.